Together with the interest in NBA jerseys cheap growing dramatically within the last decade, so have the amount of fake or counterfeit jerseys being offered as authentic. Unfortunately, counterfeit jerseys are big business. It can be estimated that tens of vast amounts of money are lost every year to counterfeiters. Legitimate sales are lost, producer’s royalties are unpaid, and also the sports fans get inferior quality merchandise – everybody loses!
Many scam artists set up shop and peddle their fake merchandise at sports events and temporary locations. The sales hype usually starts with a bargain price. Normally, this is the hook that is used to lure the potential buyer in to a high-pressure sales hype.
The owner may inform you that the real reason for the bargain price is that they received a great deal on overstocked merchandise, or these were lucky enough to buy the stock of the going-out-of-business retailer. Not to mention, this features a “guarantee” the sports jersey is the real thing. Don’t buy it!
More than likely these sports jerseys are knock-offs (unauthorized copies) shipped in from overseas. These fakes usually include poor quality materials and inferior manufacturing processes. Bad stitching, faded colors, off-sizes, and all of-around cheap appearance are normal characteristics in the counterfeit jersey.
The same unscrupulous vendors go high tech by selling their fake merchandise on the net. In order to try your hands at buying that favorite sports jersey at one of many online auctions – think again! It is actually estimated that up to 95% of your Mitchell & Ness throwback jerseys sold on eBay are counterfeits.
Law enforcement agencies are beginning to police these fake sports jerseys as well as the vendors that sell them. The counterfeit jerseys are now being confiscated and the vendors arrested. Selling or manufacturing counterfeit jerseys is definitely a serious crime. Penalties for the first offense really are a fine as high as $2 million and ten years in prison. An additional offense virtually doubles these penalties.
Despite these efforts, there is certainly still a massive black market for the counterfeit jerseys. The policing agencies are just not staffed approximately stop the big inflow of the basketball singlets cheap coming in from overseas. So, your best advice is – Buyer Beware!
Follow these 6 tips and you can be assured that the next purchase could be the “genuine article” – an authorized, high-quality official sports jersey:
* Be suspicious of prices too good to be true – they usually are.
* Don’t purchase jersey from the street vendor – authorized dealers rarely market authentic sport jerseys in stadium parking lots or on street corners.
* Look at the jersey carefully. Fakes usually have poor stitching and faded (or wrong) team colors.
* Surprisingly, check the spelling in the name of your team or player. Fakes often have misspellings. Think it over – a reputation like R-o-e-t-h-l-i-s-b-e-r-g-e-r just isn’t that simple to acquire right.
* Search for the official sport logo – NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. Most NBA singlets Sydney display the league logo by means of a hologram.
* Official jerseys display the name of dexupky45 licensed manufacturer plus a trademark — this can be a must.
Remember – in the event the “deal” sounds too good, it probably is! Smart sports fans, as if you, make their sports jersey purchases from reputable, licensed merchants and be proud of knowing that they are wearing the actual DEAL!